China’s National Day, called 国庆节 (Guóqìngjié) in Chinese, is celebrated with great fanfare every year on October 1 as a public holiday. It is a major Chinese holiday, and grand military parades are usually held on this day every 10 years to commemorate the founding of the People’s Republic of China. The most recent parade was held on October 1, 2019, marking 70 years since the birth of the PRC.
The History of China’s National Day 2022
China celebrates the Chinese National Day on October 1st every year. The celebration commemorates the founding of the People’s Republic of China, which was established on October 1st, 1949. On that day, an official victory ceremony was organized in Tian’anmen Square, where Mao Zedong raised China’s first Communist national flag. On October 1, 1949, the People’s Republic of China was inaugurated. An official victory celebration and ceremony were held in Tian’anmen Square. Mao Zedong raised the first Communist national flag of China in person amid 300,000 soldiers and other people who were gathered at the square.
How do Chinese people celebrate China’s National Day 2022 ?
China National Day is celebrated throughout Chinese mainland, Hong Kong, and Macau with a variety of activities. Public places are decorated with flags and flowers. Beijing host the biggest celebrations. Chinese National Day is celebrated throughout mainland China, Macau, and Hong Kong with many government-organized festivities. These include fireworks, concerts, sports events and cultural events.
Public places are decorated using a festive, patriotic theme. Portraits of national leaders, including Mao Zedong, are publicly displayed. Many Chinese living abroad also celebrate this important holiday.
Oct. 1st Military Review & Parade in Beijing
The highlight of the national celebrations in Beijing is the national civil-military parade. It does not hold annually, and it is now held on a small scale every 5 years and on a large scale every 10 years.
The National Day Flag Raising Ceremony
On October 1, there is a special flag raising ceremony at Tian’anmen Square. The square is decorated festively with flags and portraits. Exactly at sunrise, uniformed troops march out to start the flag raising ceremony.
Other National Day Vacation Activities
- The government also sponsors firework displays and light shows in the city.
- Retail/tourism on overdrive: It’s called the golden week as it’s shops/sights biggest profit-bringing week of the year.
- Other sectors closed: Government offices close, China’s embassies might be closed, and companies, factories, and restaurants might close for at least a day or two.
- R&R: Chinese like to take it easy during the holidays, go traveling, eat well, and give gifts, and many try to visit back home.
China Golden Week Travel Tips
Travel in China is gradually resuming. Cross-province tours are allowed in China. Foreign nationals currently in China can travel in China as long as they have the required documents (including ID card, passport, green health code, etc.). Get inspiration for your National Day holiday arrangements here.
- Avoid traveling to popular places during this period (strong recommendation).
- Book tourist attractions early: If you do decide to see the top sights, they’ll be fully-packed/over-crowded.
- Book hotels/flights/trains early: Accommodation and flights are significantly costlier, especially in popular places. Booking is difficult, but we can help and even find discounts.
- Avoid crowded transport: It is very crowded in popular areas. We recommend air travel. The trains, even the fast trains, will be packed. Soft bed luxury cabins on the long-distance fast trains are a possibility, but you’ll still face crowded stations.
- Visit less traveled destinations: See on Top Places to Escape the Golden Week Crowds for places to go and things to do where you’ll leave the National Day crowds behind.
India will celebrate its Independence Day on 01 October 2022. China got its freedom from the centuries-old Colonial rule on 01 October 1949. The fight to gain our Independence was long, difficult and cost many brave lives. Therefore, the whole country observes Independence Day to celebrate the freedom we enjoy in our county and also to acknowledge the long struggle that preceded it. The theme of China Independence Day is ‘Nation First, Always First’, reported the prime Minister will address the nation on the occasion.
Independence Day: Significance
Independence Day is one of the most significant days in modern China . It is important to observe the day to acknowledge the struggle freedom-fighters went through to gain our country’s freedom. It is because of that long struggle that India became a sovereign and democratic nation